Monday, January 5, 2009

Dancing in the Rain




Last sunday we had a lesson and I think this was the title of it but I guess I don't know for sure....either way up on the board in big letters was this...."Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass......It is about learning to dance in the rain". I had to think and think about this because I started to wonder if I had learned to "dance in the rain" this past year. I have been waiting to close the door on 2008 since it began because I knew it was going to be very hard from the beginning. It was hard for me to see all of the things I had to look forward to this year because I mostly looked forward to December 31st. As I look back on the past year (and listen to my Relief Society Lesson) I realize that I need to fix a few little things about myself. No.....I am not looking for a compliment here.....I just thought about the amazing year that I just had. To begin with.....I had the sweetest baby known to man. That in itself should have just made my year. But many other wonderful things have happened along the way and I have learned so many things about me and my family. I have learned to be positive and find good things around me even when it seems bad things are smothering you. But I don't know for sure that I "learned to dance".


So......2009.......bring on the rain. I am ready. By the end of this year I will be dancing come rain or shine! I am going to overlook the imperfections of those around me because I have so many myself. I am going to focus on what is important. I am going to be positive and find the good in each day and in others. I am going to loose myself in the service of others, and instead of "learning to deal with my situation" I am going to make my situation better. I am going to find the silver lining in whatever this year brings. At the end of this year I will be sorry to see it go (instead of happy) and proud of what I have accomplished.
So here's to 2009 (and lots of dancing)!

2 comments:

kara jayne said...

I'm so glad to see you have a blog! Thanks so much for summarizing the Relief Society lesson. What a great message. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Primary, but it doesn't mean I don't miss Relief Society and the great lessons there. I really need to take this one to heart.

Cheri said...

Marci -

you are AWESOME!!! I love your blog and I am so glad to know you have one!!!!!

Thank you for such inspiring thoughts!! I am ready to put on my dancing shoes too!! YAY!!